The Cork International Choral Festival, Cork’s longest running festival, invites applications for the position of Festival Manager. The Festival Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the Festival including office structures, administration procedures, marketing and the overall logistics of event management.
- Day to day management of the Festival Office and staff
- Ensure that all the required office administration relating to the efficient operation of the festival is undertaken
- Prepare funding applications and maintain existing grant aid relationships e.g. Arts Council, Fáilte Ireland, City Council, etc.
- Work with key stakeholders in production and delivery of key tourism KPI’s.
- Ensure that all the required organisational and logistical planning relating to the efficient operation of the festival and its activities is undertaken.
- Report to and advise the Festival Director on matters relevant to the operation and development of the festival.
- Represent the Festival on boards and committees as required.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain relationships with existing sponsors and develop new sponsorship streams, working with the Business Development Manager.
- Manage all matters related to the festival’s finances, maintain an efficient system of financial control and accounts, monitor budget, prepare and circulate monthly financial reports.
- Be proactive in the development of strategies to increase audiences.
- Ensure the effective promotion of the Festival
- Excellent administration, organisation, communication and IT skills.
- A strong track record in event management
- Experience and good understanding of tourism deliverables is a huge asset
- Capable of working on their own initiative
- A background in arts management as well as marketing is highly desirable.
- The ability to manage finances, prepare funding applications and a flexible approach to work schedules is a pre-requisite.
- Team management skills.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience
Please submit your CV and cover letter to John Fitzpatrick, Festival Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence