The Administrative Assistant ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and supports the work of management and other staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to assist in administration
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Post secondary education in business, computers, or office management is an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programmes for:
- Word processing
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Applicants for this position must qualify for CE employment scheme. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 25 years of age or over and in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more.
If you would like more information on the scheme, please ring Grainne Creed on 0214215165 or email email@example.com