As part of the Cork International Choral Festival’s aim to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet (literally), we’re teaming up with St. Fin Barre’s Cathedral for a very special day-long Big Sing rehearsing and performing some of our history’s most magnificent choral works led by Director of Music and choral specialist Peter Stobart.
After such a magnificent coming-together of voices in the inaugural presentation last year, we have chosen Fauré’s Requiem for the 2018 edition, a wonderful masterpiece that many of us know and love.
We’re asking singers from all backgrounds to come along for the rehearsal and learn the piece which will be then performed that same evening.
All singers are welcome but reading music would be a great asset. Prior familiarity with the piece would be an added bonus.
You can download the score here.
If you would not like to sing, but come to listen to the performance, please see here.
Saturday 10th February, 2018
- An administration fee of €18 per person is applicable. To secure your place, please fill in the form below and pay. If you have queries about the process or payments, please e-mail email@example.com.
- If you own a copy of the score, please bring it with you on the day. You can download it here if necessary. In the event you do not own a copy of the score or are unable to download, please let the office know.
- Please ensure you are there to register in plenty of time.
- As The Big Sing at the Cathedral will result in a performance on the day, we advise on smart-casual, elegant, black attire.
- Seating is unreserved.
- We would advise people to bring some refreshments with them on the day. There are a number of cafes available in the area also.