Cork International Choral Festival is seeking a motivated, versatile, determined individual to take up the role of Business Development Intern. This is a contract position of 6 months initially to be reviewed after this time. The successful candidate will work a minimum of 20 hours per week at our Cork city office. Working hours are flexible. The Intern will work alongside CICF’s manager receiving appropriate mentorship and resources required to complete the role. This is a performance-based role where the individual is expected to meet and exceed their targets on a monthly basis. All necessary training and development is provided to ensure the individual has every opportunity to become an accomplished fundraiser. We are looking for tenacious people who will inspire companies and members of the public to support the Festival. Although this is an unpaid internship role, commission will be available based on monthly targets achieved on new business only and monies collected.
The successful candidate will support the manager to carry out a number of fundraising tasks:
Sponsorships & Donations
- Generating new sponsorship opportunities with local and national businesses
- Professional correspondence with donors and sponsors via letter, phone and email
- Seeking Title and Event Sponsors
- Seeking new donors
- Writing & presenting show sponsorship proposals to commercial bodies
- Assemble all documentation for issuing to potential sponsors and donors
- Developing & progressing leads for any other forms of advertising revenue as necessary such as in-bag advertising, programme advertising, Get Around Guide, etc.
- Maintain databases as required
- Report regularly on progress to line manager
- Record and file all materials appropriately
- Experience in a business development role preferable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential
- Excellent data entry and internet research skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Adobe Acrobat required
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign a plus
To apply for the position please send CV and Cover Letter to Festival Manager, Sinéad Dunphy by email – firstname.lastname@example.org